MyFamily

MyFamily
the3ofus

Friday 21 June 2013

Ectopic Pregnancy : PART I

          I was warded from 14 till 18.06.2013 after been referred by KKKJ (Klinik Kesihatan Kelana Jaya). How it started...

          I was on my 5 weeks pregnancy when I noticed there was bleeding. I went to clinic nearby my house area. The doctor informed that I was miscarriage.
          After a week, I felt not comfortable with my body & suspected I still pregnant. On Friday morning, I did UPT & as suspected, 2 lines appeared clearly! I told my husband & my mother. Both asked me to go to clinic & to be confirmed. While driving to work, I was considering to go to KKKJ. *This time I chose government clinic. Instead of made u-turn to my office, I went straight on & ..... ok, I already at KKKJ.
UPT at home
          There, I was asked to do UPT & the result was positive. Nurse advised me to open "Buku Merah" straight away. After finished urine, blood & body tested/checking, I had requested to see doctor because I wanted to ask about the bleeding. "How come bleeding but still pregnant?" **This was my 1st pregnancy so the knowledge so-so only. Nurse asked me to come again at 3pm because they have long lunch break on Fridays.
          At 3pm, I met the doctor & then she referred me to Early Pregnancy Assessment Unit (EPAU)-Hospital Sg Buloh because she could not see the embryo. I drove alone to the hospital.
EPAU-Kes-kes Kritikal & Risiko Tinggi
          I never imagine I would be warded. I did not prepare anythings; no extra clothes, no toothbrush, no toothpaste, no towel, no nothing! I called my mother who was busy with my eldest sister's wedding preparations on the next day. I told her nothing serious.
          The doctor scanned my abdomen but she also could not see any signs of pregnancy. Then she decided to have a transvaginal scan. Oh Gosh! That was pain! Very! See the picture below & imagine she put it inside vagina! PAIN! Sadly, embryo was nowhere to see. She told me two possibilities: 1)  this pregnancy is too early or 2) ectopic pregnancy. I was scared when I heard about ectopic pregnancy. The doctors decided to take my blood to test Beta HCG to check the pregnancy hormone level.

          I stayed one night at EPAU...

No comments:

Post a Comment